Wednesday 9 November 2016

#482 Azelf

In all my travels, I have only once encountered the elusive Azelf. While walking along the shoreline of Lake Valor I happened to glance across the lake. Before me, hovering just above the water, was Azelf itself, the rubies in its tail glittering in its wake. I've often thought it looked at me since, for a brief moment, I felt as if I could accomplish anything in the world.

After my fleeting glimpse of this living legend I asked around a few of the locals. Azelf is the supposed giver of will power and local legend has it that if anyone was to harm it, that person would lose all the will in their life and remain immobile for eternity.

My research has shown that Azelf can allow its spirit to leave its corporeal body at any given time.

It is a highly cautious Pokemon and due to that fact, it is hardly ever seen. Almost all sightings have been centred around Lake Valor giving Azelf the nickname of 'Lake Guardian'.

One trainer I met claimed to have battled with Azelf only for it to have escaped without being caught. She said that despite its normally shy personality, it was immensely powerful and decimated half her team.

There is strong evidence linking Azelf to two other legends: Mespirit and Uxie. Speculators have gone as far to say they hatched from the same egg.

It is not proven but it is likely that Azelf is a Psychic type due to the moves it has been reported to use.

Whenever I return to Lake Valor I always look out for this elusive Pokemon, yet I have only had the luck to see it once. I hope one day that we will meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment